Budgeting: Unlock the Secrets to Financial Success
American Financial Solutions is committed to helping you achieve your financial goals. How do you know what your goals are? Budgeting is the most essential strategic tool you can use in setting and achieving your financial goals. Can you imagine a major corporation operating without a budget? No. Neither should you.
Whether you are working on your own or with one of our certified credit counselors, it all begins with creating a comprehensive budget that takes into account your income, assets, expenses and liabilities.
Use our interactive budget form to get started on a plan for achieving your financial goals. When you've completed the form, if you'd like some one-on-one counseling to develop specific financial strategies, call us. Our credit counseling and financial education services are offered free of charge.
- Control - A budget lets you control your money instead of your money controlling you.
- Live Within Your Means - Making a budget will tell you if you're living within your means. Before the widespread use of credit cards, you could tell if you were living within your means because you had money left over after paying all your bills. The use of credit cards has made this much less obvious. Many people don't realize they're living far beyond their means until they're knee deep in debt.
- Achieve Your Savings Goals - Making a budget can help you meet your savings goals. A good budget includes a mechanism for setting aside money for savings and investments.
- Find the Spare Cash - Following a realistic budget frees up spare cash so you can use your money on the things that really matter to you instead of frittering it away on things you don't even remember buying.
- Focus Your Family on Shared Goals - Making a budget helps your entire family focus on common goals.
- Prepare for Emergencies - Making a budget helps you prepare for emergencies or large or unanticipated expenses that might otherwise knock you for a loop financially.
- Improve Your Marriage - Making a budget can improve your marriage. A good budget is not just a spending plan; it's a communication tool. Done right, a budget can bring the two of you closer together as you identify and work towards common goals and reduce arguments about money.
- Find Out Where You’re Over-Spending - Making a budget reveals areas where you're spending too much money so you can refocus on your most important goals.
- Get Out of Debt - Making a budget can keep you out of debt or help you get out of debt.
- Sleep Better at Night - A budget helps you sleep better at night because you don't lie awake worrying about how you're going to make ends meet.